Saturday, August 11, 2012

Training Update August 11, 2012

Overall I got the work done. I missed some planned reps and I am still figuring out the volume day weights for press and bench work.

Monday


Squat 215 5x5 paused

Press 150 3x5, 135 2x5

RDL 190 3x5

Wednesday


Squat 225 3x5 paused

Bench Press 205 3x5

Barbell Rows 160 3x5

Dips
(BW) 4x8

Friday


Squat 235 3x5 paused

Press 165x4 I was going for 5 but I didn't make it. I almost got the last rep but I layed back way too much and just couldn't get it.

Deadlift 345x2  then one more single. I will explain this utter failure below.

I had to travel from Iowa to Utah to get to my brothers wedding. We made the drive in 19 hours through the night. I slept for abotu 45 minutes while Kellie drove a bit. So I missed out on some sleep. I hung out at my parents house for the afternoon and waited until the next morning to go work out. Excuse number one: poor sleep and nutrition the last few days.

I paid 10 bucks to workout at a golds gym. They had three squat racks so it wasn't that bad. They had some Ivanko bars that were very straight but the knurling was crap. The knurling was very coarse and the edge was knocked down so it was very smooth and of course I forgot my chalk like an idiot. Even with a mixed grip the bar was slipping. Excuse number two: bad grip.

I have plenty of excuses but I am still pretty pissed that I missed the press and deadlift I had planned. I am going to see if I can work out on Monday between the wedding and the reception. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment